Tuesday

Cold

...or is CRUEL a much better word?


I am, of course, talking about what I read in the newspapers yesterday about abandoned/unwanted children.

STORY 1
The 6-month old baby boy who was so unceremoniously dumped into a bin by his dad, just because the dad suspected that the baby wasn't his, thanks to his cheating wife (or so he claims). In my most humble opinion, he should have binned the wife!!

Thankfully, a security guard was aware of the whole 'drama' that took place and went to check on the so-called object that was dumped.

STORY 2
The 2-year old girl who was left wandering the streets on her own, with a small backpack containing a change of clothes, diapers and a bottle of formula.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER PARENTS????

It was fortunate that a good person found her and took her to safety. Imagine if some paedophile found her?!??!?!

With everything that's been in the papers and going on around us today, it makes me sick that people like these idiots are allowed to be parents.

When I got home yesterday and played with my baby girl, it was just totally beyond me how can ANYone, let alone a parent, just abandon a child. I imagined Aina being dumped in a public bin, and it brought tears to my eyes... I imagined Aina wandering the streets with her little diaper bag, and I almost sobbed aloud.
(thank goodness I didn't or else the maid would've thought I'd gone bonkers!!)

It is indeed a sad time when parents can just leave their helpless children to fend for themsleves, and the little ones have done nothing wrong.

If caring for a child is too much due to financial/economic issues, then by all means, go to the nearest police station or shelter or whatever, and give up your child properly. Do what is necessary so that your child can find a better home, for a better future.

By dumping your child like nothing more than garbage is unacceptable, inhuman, and most of all, CRIMINAL.



AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers