Sunday

Ramadhan 2013 : Entry #6

It's already the 20th Day of Ramadhan.

Oh my... How time flies! I remember as a child when Ramadhan used to feel as though it was endless, and now I wonder at how fast this holy month is leaving us.

Every year, I try to make my Ramadhan more meaningful than the previous years, and so far, progress has been slow. I am hoping that next year when Aina is older, I can do much better, and at the same time teach her to welcome and appreciate this Holy month.

Anyway, here's more of our daily iftar menu :)


Day 14, I had BFFs over for iftar since hubby was not in. I decided on a simple meal of Noodles with Spicy Beef Broth, Cucur Bawang and Roti John (which was really bland and tasteless!). BFFs brought a whole lot of goodies, too!

I am sharing the basic recipe for the broth/gravy here...


SPICY BEEF GRAVY

you  need:
beef pieces - use a mix of cuts to get the most flavour!
- can be pre-boiled until tender if preferred. reserve the stock.
blend to a paste:
10 - 15 dried chillies - soaked in hot water
10 shallots
2 large onions
4 - 5 cloves garlic
1-inch piece ginger

beef stock
salt, pepper

Garnishes (use whatever you prefer):
Fishball
Fish cake
Cabbage
Chinese greens
Bean sprouts

method:
heat oil in a large pot and fry the spice paste until fragrant. add in the beef stock and bring up to a boil. lower heat and add in the beef pieces, salt & pepper. cook for about 20 minutes, letting all the ingredients blend well, then add in the fishball, fishcake, and preferred vegetables. as soon as the gravy starts boiling again, leave to boil for 2 - 3 minutes, then turn off heat.

place fresh egg noodles in a serving bowl and pour gravy over. alternatively, you can blanch and serve each garnish items separately, but I chose this way to save on washing up!! LOL!


 
And on Day 15, since I wanted to start clearing out my fridge, I decided to make Fried Rice and made some Sambal Gravy for the mussels. Simple, and yet SOOO satisfying!
 
Let's hope the rest of Ramadhan will bring all of us much barakah!
 
 
 
 
 
xoxo
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers