Thursday

Ramadhan 2013 : Entry #1

And so I am forced to move back to this previous dwelling since some people find it 'amusing' to stalk and follow me for no apparent reason!

And since when I started this blog it was to be mainly about food, it is most appropriate I guess that I restart this site with a food entry :D


Now, it has to be said that I LOVE Thai Red Rubies, and I try to make it every Ramadhan. Here's the recipe, to share. I know I've posted this before but it helps saves browsing time :)


THAI RED RUBIES

You need:
1 pkt water chestnuts (available from the supermarket), peeled and diceda few drops red or pink coloring
tapioca flour (enough to coat chestnuts)

simple sugar syrup, cooked with a bit of rose water or pandan leaves

thick coconut milk, heated slightly with a tiny pinch of salt

Method:
 1. add food colouring to the diced chestnuts and place in a plastic bag. shake to coat the colour evenly. add in the flour and shake top coat some more. toss through a sieve to get rid of excess flour.

2. bring a pot of water to a boil. place a large bowl filled with iced water near you. once the water is boiling, add in the coated chestnuts and when cooked the 'rubies' will float. scoop out immediately with a slotted spoon and put into the iced water.

to serve, place the rubies with sugar syrup in a bowl and pour the thick coconut cream over. you may add a few slices of jackfruit or even mangoes as garnish and added flavour, as you prefer.



 

Today, the third day of Ramadhan, Iftar will be a simple affair. Will try to post pics later tonite.

Take care, all! :)






AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers