Thursday

Virus....

Yup... it's been THAT time of the year. What a way to mark the end of 2010!




Aina, hubby, me and even our maid was not spared.... :-s





Mine started on Saturday, after we got back from Seremban. But, even though I was already feeling sore and kind of woozy, still went ahead to catch the movie date with hubby.



my little Imp, with her painted "bunny" face at the birthday party last Saturday


I still tried to make it to work on Monday but left around 8.40am to go to the panel clinic @ TTDI since I had to drop by to pick up something from Mom's anyway. Turned out, temperature was 38.5'C and throat was already inflamed. Doc gave the required meds and I soon made my way home. Poor Aina. She was so happy to see me home but she was baffled as to why I was not really into playing with her. So, I took her hands and put them to my forehead so she could feel my fever, and I told her, "Mama pain.....". So she agreed to go play with Ana and let me sleep for a bit....



Tuesday I was still not well so I had to go to the panel clinic near our house to get another MC for Tuesday. If I had gone to SJMC on Monday, I would have gotten 2 days off immediately. Good thing too that I had the extra day because by lunch time, Aina had developed a fever. I gave her the meds we already had at home, but it didn't seem to work. At 5.20pm hubby and I were in SJMC waiting our turn to see the doc. Turned out, Aina had a fever of 38.3'C and so she was immediately given supp meds (i.e. inserted from her bottom). She asked for a burger on the way home, and impressed us by finishing it :-D



That night though, her temp was still high and around 1.00am I stripped her and gave her a sponge bath. She cried, protested, but I didn't really have a choice as she was HOT! I gave her another round of supp med, then put her back to bed. By Wednesday morning, she was still just slightly warm to the touch so I told Ana to call me at work if her temperature goes sky-high again. Alhamdulillah....... Aina has been fine the last 2 days, just slightly warm in the evening so I just stick to her paracetamol.



Anyway, we are all feeling better now and hope that the weekend will bring us something more fruitful than just laying in bed, pumped with meds!!! LOL



Happy weekend, and to those who are celebrating, "Merry Christmas!!"













AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers