Wednesday

I'm A MOTHER FIRST

above all else....


THAT is something that must be made clear.


It doesn't mean I am less committed at work, it simply means I am more committed to a greater responsibility that has been entrusted upon me by Him.


There are times when it all seems a wee bit overwhelming, but then again, I play back my (current favourite) theme song in my head, and I feel much better.

(btw, to those who don't know my FB, and therefore don't have access to my Notes there, it's Miley Cyrus' "The Climb"!!)


Next week, I have to be away for about 4 days, from Tuesday, so Aina will be hoarded off to her TokMi's from Sunday onwards. There'll be a 'do at Mom's place this weekend, so after spending the night there, Aina will be left there till Friday.


Anyway, it's Rejab.

Meaning, time for payback and "extra point's" fasting :-D


Alhamdulillah, I've managed 4 days to date, and yesterday I had a craving to eat homemade chapattis!!


After going thru the basic recipe with a dear friend, I went home and made about 6 med-sized pieces, which I had (3 pcs, 2 pcs went to Ana and hubby had the last piece) with some leftover dalca -- TOTAL BLISS!!!


Oh yeah, beofre you people think I am such a mean wife, leaving my hubby only ONE piece, please be informed that hubby has Arabic classes on Wednesdays, and last week he had dinner before coming home. That's supposed to be the routine every Wednesday, but yesterday the cafe was closed, so he had my leftovers.


The simple recipe for my chapattis:


CHAPATTI


you need:

1 cup atta flour

a bit of salt

HOT water


how to:

mix flour and salt in a large bowl and slowly pour in the HOT water. USE A SPOON to stir and combine the mixture until you get a really sticky pile of goo. I pour out the mixture onto a floured surface (using the atta flour), then using my hands, i rolled and kneaded it around a few times and left it to cool a bit for about 10 mins. add enough flour so that the dough can just aboutroll of your hands without leaving too much dough stuck on you (hard to explain!), then divide it into smaller pieces to make the chapatti.


flour your work surface before rolling out your chapattis. i used 2 pcs of grease proof paper to help roll out the dough, to ensure it'll not stick anywhere.


heat a non-stick pan or griddle (i just used my usual non-stick pan) to a very high heat, then place a piece of the chapatti in it, and watch till the edges start to curl a bit. turn over. the dough should puff out a bit. let it cook for about a minute or so, then take it off the heat. keep chapattis warm in a dish left in a warmed oven.


p.s. I do NOT have a rolling pin so my chapattis were dreadfully ugly -- lopsided, oblong shaped, distended pieces of roti!!!

(Hence, no pics!!!)


I also made some pumpkin fritters i.e. cucur labu.


The recipe was inspired by MaDiHaA, but I didn't even check her site for the recipe. I just used approximately 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of mashed up pumpkin flesh, and worked from there, adding only sugar and an egg, apart from water to achieve the desired consistency. LOL


Since my fitters weren't sweet at all (I just added a sprinkling of icing sugar!), I ate them with the dalca -- VERY YUMMY!!!!!!!!!


Aina now seems to be adjusting into 'toddlerhood' at her own pace.

We're not forcing her into anything, and have decided to let her do things as she feels comfortable.


She now enjoys seeing Mickey Mouse appear on TV, holding her own Mickey doll close to her and hugging it!


She LOVES to watch Pocoyo.


She still adores Pooh Bear.


She loves to play with her masak-masak set which her Mama got for her, and it's left in her house (i.e. the hot pink tent) so she goes there to cook on a daily basis LOL LOL LOL






AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers