Sunday

My Little Miss Helpful :-)

Aina.
My very own Little Miss Helpful (??).
Or is she??
LOL LOL



These days, she'll come into the kitchen when I start cooking and insist on helping me. We'll pull the wooden step bench to the counter so that she'll be able to see 'help' me, and she'll start to help me stir stuff or arrange stuff, or pick up stuff, or wash stuff.... it can be QUITE stressful actually, with knives and hot pots and flaming stoves within reach!! :-s



But, I figure that if I get her interested and organised from now, then later when she starts schoool, following instructions should not be too hard, should it?



I'm getting her to stir muffin batter, spoon the batter into the trays and she's even helped make pizza so I guess she's well on her way :-)



She spends most of the time going through my baking drawer. It's where I keep muffin liners, baking trays, whisks, etc. and I usually just let her familiarise herself. Recently, I wanted to make steamed fish, so I mixed the sauces in a small bowl and wanted a small whisk to stir it all up. I went to Aina's little corner and 'borrowed' her mini whisk which I'd gotten for her from IKEA. The little minx chased me all the way to the kitchen, screaming that it was hers and she wanted it back!!! LOL LOL LOL



It's perfectly fine for her to ransack my cabinets and drawers but I can't even borrow her little whisk??!!? Haaiiihh.... We, Ana and I, had a good laugh about it though, because it was just too funny!!! She actually ran after me from the sitting hall to the kitchen, the whole time going "No! Mama... No! Mine... Aina punya!!". LOL LOL LOL



Oh yeah, on Friday, I nearly got a heart attack when I saw her sitting on my kitchen floor, Ribena cordial bottle in hand. Why? Because she'd opened the bottle and was drinking the cordial STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOTTLE!!!!! UUUrrrggghh!!! Imagine how sickeningly sweet that was??? Her face was also a bit scrunched up so I guess even Aina thought it was too sweet! I grabbed the bottle from her and told her that I had to mix it first, demonstrating to her what should be done.



Anyway, so far we've not had any serious mishaps, and maybe one of these days I'll get Babah to snap pics of Aina being my Little Miss Helpful, then you can all judge for yourselves :-)



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers