Thursday

Menu.... Menu, Food.... Food

Yup... I know I've been 'gone' for a while but it's not without good reason :-)



Aina has now decided to become more demanding, especially for attention, so my evenings with her are spent together, watching her favourite cartoons and then putting her to bed with me joining her in Dreamland.



Anyway... last Friday (7th Ramadhan), I made lamb chops for iftar, with coleslaw and roasted potatoes with gravy. I'd marinated the chops with fresh chopped rosemary, garlic and a bit of salt and pepper and seared them on a hot pan before transferring them into the oven to cook.





I used the bits left on the pan to make the gravy, adding beef stock and minced garlic and ginger for added flavour. At the end, I added a cornflour paste to thicken the gravy.








ROASTED POTATOES

you need
:
new (or baby) potaotes, cleaned and halved -- leave skin on
fresh chopped rosemary
cracked black peppercorns
salt
olive oil, to coat

how to:
preheat oven to 190'C. Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and
steam or microwave until halfway done. Place in the oven and let roast for about
35 - 40 mins till done.










In the pic above, you see my little drama queen displaying a bit of her 'talent' while we are about to leave for a friend's house for buka puasa. Don't really know what made her do it, but she just decided to hang off the edge of the bed until I had to call her to climb down as we were about ready to leave.

Sorry, no pics from my friend's house as we were just too engrossed eating!! LOL LOL LOL

On Sunday, since it was Mom & Dad's anniversary, we had dinner there. Again, no pics as we were too focused on finishing the food off the table, ehehehehehehee...

On Monday, I decided to make Nasi Lemak but this time I made 2 sambal dishes to go with it -- ikan bilis and prawns with petai.

And for our sweet starter, I made onde onde :-D



Alrite, I know I have a bit of entry-catching up to do, so this will do until I edit and load another set of pics.... :-)

Cheerios!





AM





6 comments:

  1. amboii aina dah pandai mkn nasi sendiri yer.. hehehe.. syok ehh.. jenjalan ke langkawi... aina tak mandi pantai ker??
    akak takleh mkn kambing... boleh pusing jadinya.. melayang2.. dah serik nak mkn kambing dahh.. huhuhuu... best tgk juadah berbuka aliza.. semua sedap2.. akak msk sempoi jer.. kekekee.. skrg dini dah mula sekolah sampai rumah dah hampir 6.30.. ngan nak layan alin lagi... ayah dia pulak dah tukar shift siang blk umah pun dah lepas berbuka.. kalu keje mlm tu.. dia ada kat rumah boleh gak dia layan alin.. skrg ni mmg tak sempat nak masak beria pun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam kenal
    sedapnya menu,ooo..anak dah pandai mkn sendiri sure lepas ni penat nak kena cuci

    ReplyDelete
  3. sedapnya sambal udang petai tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  4. em..sempat ek u prepare all those menu..
    congrate!
    nak kena ubah skill masak ni..
    kita mask yang simple2 jek..if weekend jek masak berat2 skit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutelah gaya 'puasa' Aina! Hihiihi...

    ReplyDelete

Followers