Tuesday

Yesterday (Tuesday), I went into the office in the morning, but felt so crappy that I decided to go to the clinic. Turned out my throat was a bit red and my nose was all runny so doc gave me the rest of the day off.

Earlier, we (me and a few colleagues) got to talk about the ultra sensitive case of the part time model who was found guilty of consuming alcohol (she's a Muslim), and her subsequent 'suspending' of whipping (or is it supposed to be caning?) in the midst of all the hoo-haa surrounding the case.

In our (extremely) humble opinion, there is no need to subject her to that kind of treatment, and even if it was a punishment that she deserves, what about the others out there who do the exact same thing, but have the luxury of not getting caught or being let go due to their 'status'?

It's always the case of the ikan bilis suffering the brunt while the "Jaws" gets away scott-free!!

Anyway, enough of that very depressing news (and subsequent developments), let's just move on to our buka puasa menu the last 2 days.
(please note i'm trying to make a regular update every 2 days, LOL)

On Monday, I asked Ana to make the cucur, while I preapred food for the main, so to speak. We had Stir Fried Asparagus with Scallops & Fishballs, Squid in a Spicy Tomato Gravy and Grilled Beef.


For the first time, hubby actually ate quite a bit of the cucur. Ana passed! Usually, it ends up either too hard or too salty, but this time it was just right LOL LOL LOL

SQUID IN SPICY TOMATO GRAVY

you need:
400g squid, cleaned
blend:
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs chilli paste
1 cinnamon stick
2 pcs cardamom pods
1 star anise
1/2 cup tomato paste
salt and sugar, to taste

how to:
heat oil in pan and fry the dry spices. when seeds pop, add in the blended ingredients. fry until oil comes up to surface, then add in the tomato paste. bring up to boil and add in the squid. simmer until squid is done; check seasoning.


For Tuesday, since I had the rest of the day off, I made chicken soup which should help with my slight touch of flu, and the rest are stuff that I found as I rummaged through my fridge and freezer :-D

Keropok Lekor (from sis-in-law), Golden Kiwi & Red Globe Seedless Grapes, Fresh Icy Cold Watermelon Juice, Akok (bought), Chicken Soup, Ikan Bulus Goreng Kunyit, Sambal Belacan & Ulam and Bergedil.




FRESH WATERMELON JUICE



you need:
enough watermelon, cut into small pieces
icing sugar
crushed ice
a tiny bit of cold water

how to:
place all ingredients in a blender and whizz till desired consistency -- some may like extra chunky pieces of watermelon to chew on :-D
This is Aina, at the dining table with us, waiting to buka puasa also LOL LOL LOL



Actually, I had asked Ana to fry some ikan kering, but I kept it in the microwave to avoid flies, and in the end forgot about it LOL LOL LOL







AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers