Tuesday

Healthy Living....?

AHahahhahahHAhahahaa... THAT would be a first!!

Actually, I was suffering a bit since Monday from the *HUGE* lunch on Sunday. Not food poisoning, but it was probably gastric since I ate late (compared to my usual time), and the portion was huge!!

As I was suffering all day Monday, I decided to have this for dinner.... LOL

This is Aina, seated nicely in her high chair. She's found a way of climbing into the chair by herself, and that is always followed by me yelling at the top of my lungs!!! She'll push my chair closer to her high chair, then climb onto my chair and from there climb into her high chair!! She even uses the same method to get off her chair when no one is around to carry her out. Like I said, I'll scream my head off, because it's dangerous. She can easily fall to the floor and hit her head on the side of the table or dining chair, and I have cautioned Ana to be extra tentative and cautious during the day.
And yesterday when I got back from work, I saw 2 bananas already bruised from being overripe. And so I made these.....

BANANA & OAT MUFFINS
you need:
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
* 3 large eggs
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 tsp. vanilla essence
* 1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda bicarbonate
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 cups instant oats

how to:
pre-heat oven to 170'C.
in a large bowl, use a whisk to beat the items marked *. sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon. add the sifted ingredients into the egg mixture and beat to combine. do not overbeat, though. fold in the oats and mashed bananas. pour into muffin liners and bake for 20 - 25mins, depending on size and individual oven.
Aina's verdict? "Yummy Mama!" And she ate 3 mini muffins while they were still warm :-)
Cheers!


3 comments:

  1. oats tu dah jd hidangan wajib cik abang akak sejak2 dia diet ni.. samada pagi or malam.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. savoury oat pun sedap, have u tried? oat+air panas, dah kembang makan dengan lauk eg kari ayam, ikan masak kicap (preferably yang berkuah and tastes strong nak cover oat tu, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i've tried... :-)
    yummy jugak....

    ReplyDelete

Followers