Friday

Missed Abortion??

I hate the term!!

It may be medically correct, but politically??? Seriously??

The term "abortion" on its own is always dubious and riddled with dilemma and question marks, and when your MC reads "post abortion" it really looks horrible....

BUT, that is the term used to describe my condition, and I guess that's what I have to get used to and accept :-s

I was admitted into HUKM on Friday morning, and the first pill to induce the abortion) was put in at 8.15am. I started experiencing cramps around 10.00am and Prof put in the second pill around 11.45am.

By 12.30pm, with me all alone in the room, the cramps became worse and soon grew into mild contractions. Hubby went out for Jumaat prayers, Prof was also out. And besides, I was only just in pain, not bleeding, so there was no urgency yet.

The pain got worse and worse until finally when Prof came in around 2.45pm I couldn't take it anymore and I was also bleeding by then. Prof took a look and said that he could feel the fetus already so he did what he had to do and got it out.

Honestly, I REALLY appreciated the fact that I had a c-sect when I delivered Aina!!!

Anyway, fetus came out whole, with placenta and all, so Prof just scanned to make sure everything was out and I was clear, and decided that a D&C was unnecessary.

Seems development of the fetus was also abnormal, which means it would not even survive even if I did manage to carry it to full term.

Alhamdulillah.... I thank Allah that He spared me the grief and trauma one would definitely go through when experiencing the loss of a child. At least, taken at this point, the loss is not as great and we can try for another baby once I am healthy again.

Prof reminded to take care of my sugar level if I do intend to conceive again, and that if of course a definite effort on my part. For this pregnancy, I was not even aware that I was pregnant, so I was still taking my meds and not really watching my sugar which probably led to the complication.

I am now recuperating at home with a confinement lady taking care of me this one week.

To all my friends and family who's left messages on my FB, thank you very much for the words of support, the messages and the SMS's. It's helped me through, and kept my spirits high.

Thank you once again :-)





AM

4 comments:

  1. kak liza..be strong!..x pe lain kali leh try lagi mana tahu pasni dapat 2 sekali..he..he banyakkan berehat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aliza,

    Get well soon and cheer up the office.
    Regards
    Zaki

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahha...en zaki rindu kat bising2 saya la tu kan :-D :-D :-D

    takper... takper... enjoy the peace for now. lepas raya nanti i'll be baaaccckkk!!!

    harus lah sangat riuh semula yer....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong kak. For those who never appreciates the gift from God sampai buang sana sini, insaflah. Sakit dan trauma tu tak terlawan sakit dan kesedihan yang kakak rasa but I know u're one strong lady. TAkpe, kakak masih muda, boleh cuba lagi.

    ReplyDelete

Followers