Thursday

Cochin : 28 Feb - 2 March 2010

I'd sent Aina to TokMi's the day before, and it was not easy leaving her, knowing I'd only see her after two weeks :-(

On Friday, as it was a public holiday, we took Aina to Alamanda to shop. I needed to get clothes for my trip (looonnngg story!) and it was one way to spend time with Aina. I ended up buying Mickey Mouse sheets for her, and with the 1 for 1 deal, we decided to choose the Pooh Bear design for the FREE set of sheets :-D Needless to say, Aina was ecstatic!! She even insisted on carrying her own shopping LOL LOL LOL After Aussino, we went to Poney, which also had a sale, so... this time it was clothes for Aina :-D :-D Again, she insisted on carrying her own stuff. She was struggling to walk by then, ehehhehehehhee....

For lunch, we went to Aina's favourite -- The Chicken Rice Shop.

Anyway, Saturday we dropped her off, and I got back to pack for my trip.

My flight to Cochin (now it's actually called Kochi) was to depart at 2.50pm, but I'd agreed to rendezvous at the airport (LCC Terminal) at noon as we had *MANY* boxes to check in.

We decided to leave early as I needed to change money, and was supposed to have brunch with hubby before going to the airport.

As hubby carried my suitcase into the car, I noticed that the suitcase was ripped!!! :-O

So, since we'd already decided to go to Carrefour Subang (we'd checked out the exchange rate and it was the best we could find LOL) I decided to just buy my suitcase there. It was a great bargain, and I just grabbed one which I sort of liked and quickly repacked my stuff in the car!!!

After that was done, I ran up to change my Ringgit to Rupees, then we dashed off for brunch. Believe it or not, even though I was going off to India, my brunch was Briyani!!! LOL LOL LOL

We arrived LCCT sharp noon, but wasted a good 10 minutes looking for parking space. In the end, hubby just dropped me off at the terminal. Parking is serious HELL at LCCT!!!!

The flight was uneventful, and we arrived safely in Cochin.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with flower garlands and cold drinks, then there was a dinner before we trekked off to the function room to see how our preparation for the next day was progressing.

The next day was all business. Travel mart, networking sessions etc.

Dinner was another whole networking session, and honestly, I was falling into my plate by then LOL LOL LOL

That afternoon though, before we got ready for dinner, we managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing in the city.


tengok la tiang letrik ni... ada berani????


the old style cinema, where My Name is Khan was playing :-)

this is the newer, cineplex-style cinema :-)

Jayalakshmi was the place to get your sarees (where we DID NOT go!)

boleh tahan kan kedai-kedai dia........? :-p

agaknyer, menangis tak Hotel Maya tgk 'Kochi-version' nih....? LOL

The city was rather pleasant, but very dusty. My throat was itching by the time we went back to the hotel.

I wanted to indulge in a spa treatment at the hotel, unfortunately they were fully-booked. Kochi is actually well-known for it's health tourism particularly ayurveda medicine. With my constant/frequent migraines, I thought it's be good to try it out.

Anyway, it seems you need minimum 4 days so I guess I'll just have to do it on my own another time.......


Next stop, Bangalore :-)



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers