Friday

A Love-Hate Relationship

This is a relationship I believe I share with many KLites :-)

I am a through and through born-and-bred KLite, but to be perfectly honest, there are times I wish I could live/work elsewhere; a place that is not illogically congested and over-crowded by cars which somehow appear and pile up, like some horrendous magic spell gone wrong, more apparent after a rain shower, regardless if it was a full-blown storm or merely a smattering of drops!
Among my favourite landmarks in KL, the Masjid Jamek

Then there is the unbelievable number of road bullies who appear so timid and innocent but can just zig zag through traffic as if they owned the road!!

The hustle and bustle, which sometimes lead to (almost toppling) shoulder grazing -- so kiasu and kan-cheong -- in running their everyday business, that KLites seem to forget to smile at each other.

BUT, like I said.... It's a LOVE-HATE relationship and even though I often wish I could be elsewhere, no where would be quite the same as my beloved KL :-D
World class icon of KL, another favourite

KL is where you can find great food from around Malaysia without really having to travel far, although there's always the argument that you still need to go the place of origin to get the real taste.
Fancy a buffet at any of these world-class hotels?
They are a familiar sight in the KL skyline

This of course brings me to the fact that dieting in KL is not easy, well... not for me anyway! LOL
With all the great choices in and around town, it really boils down to what you're in the mood for.

For me, having a hubby who loves food as much as I do (maybe even more!), is a plus point as we can go out at any time on a whim just to look for what we crave for. The many 24-hour outlets were of great help, especially during my pregnancy LOL LOL LOL

I guess this love-hate relationship is not unique as many of us probably feel the same way, and we probably share the same rants and raves.
But, enough of this rambling... maybe I'll move on to more interesting topics after the weekend... Who knows??? :-D
AM



1 comment:

  1. there are actually a lot more tolerant drivers in kl compared to jb, jb laaaagi lah kiasu... nak tukar lane? tunggu tahun depan >:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers