Monday

Bila Aina Tengok TV....

Aina has been watching TV (sorry to all of those who do not agree to the TV nanny!) for most of her short life, from educational videos to box office movies. Her favourite is of course the Disney Playhouse channel, and I am more than happy to accommodate her as she also learns while being entertained (and occupied so that I can do other stuff!).



Lately, she's also learned to enjoy more 'grown up' (NOT "adult" mind you!!) movies like Jurassic Park (she loves dinosaurs!) and anything that has animals or children in them :-) On Sunday, TokMi went to Speedy Video and bought 2 cartoon DVDs (Upin & Ipin and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and 1 movie entitled YETI. It had a scary picture of Bigfoot with bloody teeth on it and when Aina saw it, she immediately said "unster!" (i.e. MONSTER).



Anyway, after her bath, she gave the "monster" DVD to TokMi as she wanted to watch it!!!



So, we all sat down and watched the movie...



Through out the movie, we were most entertained by her antics ~ she'll climb and hide behind us (during the scary bits), she'll go stand in front of the TV (during the not so scary bits) and she even resorted to this.......



...climbing behind TokMi's sofa and hiding between the cushions, but peeking out to watch the screen anyway.... LOL

standing up when it wasn't so scary
and hiding again when the part got scary for her
At home, she'll climb behind us and peek over our shoulders if the scene was scary or full of suspense, and then when the bad guy (or thing or animal) dies, she'll clap her hand and go "Yaaaayy!!" :-D :-D :-D
Oh yeah... I just thought I'd share some thoughts in here, since it is kinda related to Aina, and what I am going through now i.e. pregnant with diabetes, also the fact that I had a really interesting conversation with a colleague this morning.
The simple trigger was Vitagen.
I was telling my breakfast mates about Aina and Vitagen, and how I'm always opting for drinks that have "no added sugar" or "less sugar" for Aina since both me and her TokMi are diabetics when one of them mentioned that her daughter drank Vitagen like it was water. In 10mins flat, all 5 bottles would be gone! Another friend and I immediately cautioned her on the danger and risks of that as there have been numerous reports on how kids as young as FIVE can be diagnosed with diabetes from consuming too much of such sugar-ladden beverages. On top of that, her daughter could also wipe of half a dozen donuts in one go!!! I told her to watch her child closely because if this has been going on for a while, she should really get her child checked.
I remember a while back when I was really conscious of my food intake (NOT dieting, but more organic and natural, healthy stuff) and I decided to not allow my own kids to fall into the trap like most other kids. All the processed, sugary stuff that goes into their bodies have to be controlled! My sisters were kind of making fun of me, and saying that my kids would only have fun at TokMi's because there's where they get to indulge in all the forbidden stuff at home...
Now, with Aina, I have to admit that to stick to a 100% healthy eating regiment is not easy BUT I try as much as possible even if we do go out to eat that we do not end up at the usual fast food joints. Yes, we spend a bit more on "real" food, but at least I get to have a bit of control on what goes into her body, and yes... I also do let her have the occasional ice cream, chocolates, sweets and even junk food... but only after she's had her proper meal. Only occasionally she'll throw a fit, and to avoid her NOT eating at all, I let her have her chocolate cookie but with a bottle of milk.
In my perfect (dream) world, I'd be making batches of home-made all-natural chicken nuggets and fish fingers at home for her, but she has yet to develop a palate for all that, and so for now I am happy just giving in to the occasional sausage or french fries.
Ana has also taught her to eat properly (since I have told Ana my preference) so when Ana is with her, Ana will ask her if she wanted rice or noodles for lunch/dinner. Aina will respond according to her mood, and it usually has to be accompanied with a bowl of vegetable soup with fishballs. Here I do trip because I only make my own fishballs once in a while. Fresh ones do not keep very well, and the fresh fish necessary required to make the balls are not always available.
Anyway... these are just a few concerns which are constantly on my mind... and I do hope that more of my friends will be aware of the hidden dangers lurking on the supermarket shelves that beckon and call their kids at every visit!! :-)
Till my next rambling session.... take care every one :-)
AM

2 comments:

  1. hehehehe.. dalam takut2 tu nak jugak tgk ek?? hehehehe.. tak lama ladi nak ajdik kakak dah

    ReplyDelete
  2. itu la perangai dia... skrg ni dia bukan main lagi dgn cousin qalesha dia. si qalesha dah pandai tegur2 dia balik, so bila mummy qalesha nak bawak qalesha balik, aina mesti protes! siap tarik tangan qalesha. budak tu pun baru 3 bulan... haruslah pasrah aje dgn mummy dia kan LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete

Followers